Moodle research

Moodle site data set

Picture of mushtaq hussain
Moodle site data set

i am looking at a dataset that compose of student record such as quiz ,log, Discussion Forums ,etc which is related to Material Recommendation System research 

Average of ratings: -
My mug
Re: Moodle site data set
Core developersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersPlugin developersTesters

Hi, Mushtaq.

What are your research questions?

What sector of education are you interested in?

Picture of mushtaq hussain

Dear sir

thanks for your reply and i am interesting in following topic

e-learning material recommended system for student  through machine learning 

i need following  guideline 

i need dataset of moodle site which is related to this

which toolbox of matlab is suitable for this 

your further guideline will be helpfull for me

thanks

My mug
Core developersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersPlugin developersTesters

Hi, Mushtaq.

You will need to expand on "e-learning material recommended system for student  through machine learning". It sounds like you are planning a solution before you have a problem. What are your research questions?

There are some student focussed learning analytics tools available. Check the other recent discussion in this forum.

An idea floated at a recent working group was to provide students with relative activity information, giving advise about actions a student should take in a course, for example...

43% of students have viewed PAGE X

82% of students have posted to FORUM Y

29% of students have submitted ASSIGNMENT Z

In relation to MatLab, it's likely, if you get anyone volunteering to share data with you (and you haven't made a strong case yet), it would come in the form of a log export or course backup. You would need to transform this into the format you need, but cleaning and filtering are part of any learning analytics analysis.