Evolve-D Front Page

Evolve-D Front Page

by Alan Kmiecik -
Number of replies: 3

1. I would like to have a front page, when user is not logged in, that shows the Course List (probable Category List later).
  2. Also, would like a link to do email based self registration.

Ideally (I guess), question #1 would be a short code in the marketing spot.   I'm going to figure out what chunk of code I need to move.

For question #2, seems like I am missing something.  I have the plugin enabled so how do I get the user to see it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Kmiecik

Re: Evolve-D Front Page

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

#1 - Isn't that just front page settings if you select the normal front page, rather than the custom ones? If you want to display it on the custom ones then you will need to make sure that the main_content() is visible (currently its hidden) and then manage how that displays using appropriate css.

#2 - it looks to me (quick look at the code, not actually tested) that the custom front page option doesn't have visible block areas as the standard front page and the custom login front page appear to.

It seems to me that your best bet (for your specific use case) is actually to use the standard front page option and then make sure it is styled the way you want it, rather than using the theme custom options and trying to recode them (and probably restyle them) to make use of these other options you want to display.

In reply to Alan Kmiecik

Re: Evolve-D Front Page

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Evolve-D has a custom frontpage with a full screen image.  It doesn't allow for the the standard frontpage options.  

I am working on the next theme with similar features and simplicity called Pioneer.   

Pioneer will allow you to use the standard frontpage options along with a beautiful image and other features.