SCORMs stop working after upgrade

SCORMs stop working after upgrade

by cloud cui -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, all

We have recently upgraded moodle from 2.4 to 2.8, and 5 of our scorms stopped working. The user can still open the scorm, but all the links for different sections as well as "Menu", "Help", "Next" became non-clickable. In the browser developer tool -> Console, I can see errors like:

Error

We built all the scorms with Lectora, we suspected it was capability issue, because we see apiwrapper11.js file intead of 12, but then we found all the latest scorm we built which we are sure to be scorm 1.2 are using this apiwrapper11 as well.

We downloaded the same scorm and uploaded to another 2.4 version moodle and it worked.

The apparent answer is that the upgrade caused this issue, but this is the first time we ever had this, we are clueless of what and where we should look at to fix it.

We are still trying to find a proper solution but, please, Any suggestion would be very helpful! Much appreciated!!

Cloud

Average of ratings: -
In reply to cloud cui

Re: SCORMs stop working after upgrade

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Those errors are coming from your SCORM package (not Moodle) - could be an issue with your SCORM package and newer more modern web-browsers.

You should be able to updated Lectora to the latest version and re-publish the SCORM packages which might solve your problems.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by cloud cui -

Thanks a lot Dan,

We resolved this issue by uploading the updated scorm.

However, this causes another issue:

once we upload the new scorm file to overwrite the old one, all the user attempt records are gone. It is still in the same scorm activity, just the scorm package is different. Is there a way of updating the scorm package but still keeping the attempt records? Thank you.

I have backed up all the courses, so the old attempt records would still be available. Assuming there is a way of getting the records back, is there a way of merging the new attempt records(for the new scorm package, after I made the changes) with the old attempt records?

Appreciated!

Cloud

In reply to cloud cui

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

this thread might help: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=276324

there is no automated way of merging the records - ideally you should just make sure the identifiers don't change as mentioned in the thread I linked to.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by cloud cui -

Thanks Dan for pointing me to the right direction, that is very helpful !