xampp moodle 3

xampp moodle 3

by Alex Varsakopoulos -
Number of replies: 6

I'm getting this screenshot and and don't know how to address some of the checks to continue with the installation. Any hints?

Thank you,

Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Varsakopoulos

Re: xampp moodle 3

by Jaswinder Singh -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Alex,

Are you installing Moodle 3.0 on development server?

If Yes, then you need to upgrade the MySQL database on your server from 5.5.5-10.0.17 - MariaDB to the 5.5.31 as it is showing in Red color. After that you can proceed with the installation.

Hope it helps!!

Jaswinder Singh

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jaswinder Singh

by ch kikou -

Hi  Jaswinder,

I have the same problem and I saw your respond but I couldn't succeed on upgrading MySQL database, could you please help me and tell me what to do? 

My main problem is to install Moodle so I'm trying Xampp .

Ch Kikou

In reply to ch kikou

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

kikou, if you want to test out moodle, then downloading windows installer pack will be sufficient without you installing XAMPP separately and then installing moodle on top, as Windows installer package comes with everything pre-configured already.

else if you want to install separately, then you can download XAMPP (Latest is coming with mariaDB) HERE.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alex Varsakopoulos

by Cesar Auguto Rodríguez -

Hello Alex, i had the same problem and solve it, in my case, downloading xampp 1.8.2-6-VC9 for Windows (Xampp 1.8.2)

Pdta: I'm sorry for my english

Cesar

In reply to Cesar Auguto Rodríguez

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

You are very clear Cesar, no need to apologize...smile 

Personally, I would not recommend the Xampp installer for anyone, any version of it. Best bet is to have an Apache Server+MySQL or MariaDB, with PHP and phpMyAdmin, create your own a WAMP. Xampp works well for a limited time, but as errors creep in they can multiply exponentially. Fix one and two more pop up. Very frustrating, very time consuming. There is plenty of YouTube videos to assist getting a WAMP up and running.