"Data Downloaded: Connection Closed" SCORM Error

"Data Downloaded: Connection Closed" SCORM Error

by Laura Brunning -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

With both bought-in content and self developed SCORMS, we quite often see this message "Send & receive user records - data downloaded, connection closed" and the SCORM will not load any further.

It seems to happen randomly, and SCORMs which did work, just stop working the next day, with this message appearing when trying to open.

The only way around this we've found, is to just re-upload the SCORM entirely - which we'd like to avoid if possible.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Do we know what causes it, and if there is any way to fix it (without re-uploading)?

Also, is it the actual SCORM package instead of the VLE?

Any help would be most appreciated, as a lot of time is wasted re-uploading, but also the data recorded through the SCORMs is being lost!

Thanks, Laura

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura Brunning

Re: "Data Downloaded: Connection Closed" SCORM Error

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You mention "VLE" - are you using Moodle to display your SCORM packages or is this an issue with a different system? - that screen-shot doesn't look like anything inside Moodle.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Laura Brunning -

? We just call it the VLE!

Using IE11, I thought it was the Scorm player default, opens in new window - all grey background with greeny-y bars with arrows at top and side that expand to show scorm navigation.  Maybe it's the content then - I know the particular one that isn't working is quite old, and is scorm 1.2 (says it in the name of the zip). Maybe because it's old.

In reply to Laura Brunning

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The reason I ask is because the error looks suspiciously like it comes from a different SCORM player (not Moodle) - perhaps the icodeon player? - I'd be interested to hear if it is and how you have integrated it with Moodle - I've heard about integrations with icodeon and Sakai but not Moodle.