Custom role - create users but getting access denied error

Custom role - create users but getting access denied error

by Shem Bisluk -
Number of replies: 1

G'day all

Got an interesting one - currently, I'm trying to create a custom role for our processing staff, which more less comprises of creating new students, checking enrolments etc but no site-specific work (which also includes any organisation of courses, categories etc)

So I've named the role 'Processing' (for now) and have based this role on a teacher (not sure why - maybe permissions). In the 'define roles' area (Site administration --> Users --> Permissions) I've set the 'create new user' capability to 'Allow' but have not allowed the 'Delete user' capability (just in case users are accidentally deleted).

So I create a new 'processing' user and assign them that role. Log into the site as the processing officer, and I can see the 'site administration' menu and once clicked, reveals only 'create new user' - no worries so far. I then start creating the user (choosing username, First/last name etc) but when it comes to saving, I get the following error:

Error (screen grab)Now the weird bit - once I log back into the system as an administrator, if I browse the list of available users the most recent one created by the 'processing' role is there... have I missed something, or have I done something totally wrong? 

=)

Thanks all

Shem

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shem Bisluk

Re: Custom role - create users but getting access denied error

by Shem Bisluk -

Okay, problem solved for now.

I needed to enable the capability moodle/user:update

I was able to disable "moodle/user:delete"

All is well again :D 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)