Students Visualizing Other Answers

Students Visualizing Other Answers

by SECOMV EMARF -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, Everybody,

I'm starting to use Moodle 2.9.1 and I noticed a difference in using Questionnaire from version 1.9.8. As far as I can remember, the settings Students can visualize ALL answers had Never as one of the options. I can't see this option now.

Is there any other settings where I can restore back this option or there is another way to prevent students from visualizing their mates' answers?

Thank you.

Regards,

Luiz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to SECOMV EMARF

Re: Students Visualizing Other Answers

by Hannah Hutton -

I'm also hoping for an answer to this!  We are building a questionnaire for staff with some quite sensitive questions about how the school is run and we do NOT want everyone who has completed the questionnaire to be able to see the answers.  Is it possible to ensure that answers are not visible to anyone other than the questionnaire creator, or should I use something else, eg. Survey Monkey in this case?

Thanks for any help.

Hannah

In reply to Hannah Hutton

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Hannah -

There are two ways to control who can see the responses for a questionnaire.

The first control is through capabilities. You can control capabilities per role, per user and per instance in the standard Moodle way. I have attached a screenshot of the specific capabilities that control response availability for questionnaire below:

Questionnaire response capabilities.

The "Read all responses any time" capability is required to be able to view all of the responses regardless of other settings. The "Read own responses" is required to even see your own. If you want to ensure that a certain user or role can never see any of the responses, make sure they do not have any of the response capabilities assigned. For the case above, the "student" role is only able to see their own response.

The other way to control response access is through the specific questionnaire's settings. These options are as follows:

Response options.

That allows you to control when a student who can access responses is allowed to see them.

From what you are asking, I believe you want to use capability restrictions.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Hannah Hutton -

Thanks for that Mike, I think I see what you are saying......  So for "read all responses any time" I could set that just to Manager, so that none of the Teachers can see what the others have put??

In reply to Hannah Hutton

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Hannah -

Correct. You can create any roles you wish, and assign groups of capabilities to them, then assign those roles to the users you want.

mike