BigBlueButton not able to join session

BigBlueButton not able to join session

by Jason Hubbard -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I recently installed a bigbluebutton server following the instructions here http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/install/install.html

I created an activity in a course allowed all enrolled users to view the session and myself as a moderator.

When I click the link to the new bbb classroom I get a page that says:

"You are not in a role allowed to join this session.  Would you like to log in now with a full user account?"

I can't find any info about this error anywhere.  Also, I did install the demo api on the bbb server and I am able to create a new class room right from the web UI of that server.  And my moodle server has full access to the bbb server with no firewall restrictions.  Also, I copied the url and salt from bbb-conf --secret to the plugin config in moodle and restarted both servers just for good measure.

My account is a full admin in moodle and I tried adding it to every role in the course with no luck.  I also tried several other accounts that were in the manager and student roles of the Moodle Course and gave those roles moderator under the participants section.

Nothing seems to work.

Is there some setting in moodle that I completely missed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Hubbard

Re: BigBlueButton not able to join session

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jason,

There may be a problem with the capabilities assigned to the roles you are using. Specilaly if you are not using the Moodle default admin account but a custom one.

Check the capabilities you have for each role.

Administrators/Site Administrators/Users/Permissions/Define roles/ [Role you need to check]

Lookup for BigBlueButtonBN, there are 4 capabilities. Join is the one now used for allowing users to enter in a session. It should be activated for all roles.

Let us know if that works

JF

Attachment bigbluebuttonbn_moodle_capabilities.PNG