Unable to move course topics- up and down arrow key disappear

Unable to move course topics- up and down arrow key disappear

by Pooja Ambre -
Number of replies: 8

Hi Team,

I am using Moodle 2.9.1 with the "More" theme. I have an issue wherein  when I turn the course editing on, I do see the up and down arrow keys to move the topics in the course on page load. However these keys disappear as soon as the page is completely loaded.

So far from what I have come across forums I understood, turning AJAX off will help resolving this problem. However, I do not find this opntion under Site Administration ->Appearance->AJAX and Javascript.

Can you please help me getting this issue resolved, as I am getting a lot of complaints from the users in the organisation.

Please do let me know incase of any additional information required from my end.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pooja Ambre

Re: Unable to move course topics- up and down arrow key disappear

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This sounds like something is breaking your javascript - probably a plugin you have on your page.

Can you check developer console in the browser to see what issues are reported there and also try removing all plugins and replacing them one at a time to possibly identify the potential culprit

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Actually sounds as if the JavaScript is working because the non-JS icons are being replaced, but there is a fault with the replacement icon / CSS on it.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Pooja Ambre -

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the response. Here are the elements I have trouble with along with the corresponding CSS.

In reply to Pooja Ambre

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok,

1. Are you sure you are running M2.9 as there is no 'delete topic' in the markup?
  2. If the up and down arrows are still in the markup than the JS is broken.
  3. Given the errors you report, the structure of the HTML is broken which will break the JS (DOM is not what it expects).  Therefore undo any customisations you've made util it works again.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Pooja Ambre -

Okay, thanks for the response. I will try to takeoff the customization one by one and see it that fixes the issue. 

Thanks much!

Regards,

Pooja

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Pooja Ambre -

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply. I have no additional plugin on this page and this is what I see the console which does not seem to be helpful sad

In reply to Pooja Ambre

by Pooja Ambre -

I also see this in my firebug console and when I hit https://moodle-test.rhkonnections.com/lib/yuilib/3.17.2/ i get a 404 error. Does this ring a bell?

In reply to Pooja Ambre

by Gareth J Barnard -

That's a base URL and will get a 404 as there is no file to get.  Nothing to do with the problem.