Moodle Mobile - Cannot connect: Verify that your have typed correctly the URL

Moodle Mobile - Cannot connect: Verify that your have typed correctly the URL

by Mulyadi Ibrahim -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

I am unable to connect with Moodle Mobile to my site.

I have enabled the mobile web service and am on Moodle 2.9.2

I have looked through the forums but all solutions came to nought.

Please help!

Thanks!

Regards

Mullyadi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mulyadi Ibrahim

Re: Moodle Mobile - Cannot connect: Verify that your have typed correctly the URL

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

please, read the FAQ: https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Moodle_Mobile_FAQ you may find a solution for your problem there.

If you still have problems, please update this post

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Moodle Mobile - Cannot connect: Verify that your have typed correctly the URL

by Mulyadi Ibrahim -

Hi Juan,

Mobile service is activated. Tokens were set to Enable to Authenticated Users

Still unable to connect.

Regards

Mulyadi

by Mulyadi Ibrahim -

Juan, I have sent you my URL and login credentials.

by Wes Matchett -

I have the exact same problem.  And when an attempt is made this error is in the server error log file:

[Thu Oct 15 08:07:37 2015] [error] [client 192.168.235.203] File does not exist: /var/www/html/moodle/local/mobile

I have looked in the moodle source and the error is correct, the local dir looks like this:

$ pwd
/var/www/html/moodle/local
$ ls
readme.txt  upgrade.txt

So it appears that my moodle 2.9 install was missing mobile.

In reply to Wes Matchett

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

that error is normal, we always check first if you have the local_mobile plugin installed, and then we fallback to use the official service.

If you didn't find a solution reading the FAQ, plase, send us a test user account so we can check what is happening

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Wes Matchett -

I have been over that doc seeral times and can't find what should be changed.

How should I send you an id/pw?

In reply to Wes Matchett

by Trace James -

I am also having the same problem.

Moodle version:  2.8.5

Moodle Mobile: v2.3 (Android)

Error prompted:

Cannot connect: the site must use Moodle 2.4 or later.

However, my Moodle version is 2.8.5

I have another site which is running on 2.8.3, it runs without any problem.

I posted in here and follow the recommended technical steps suggested, it doesn't seem to help much.

Attachment Screen Shot 10-14-15 at 09.54 PM.PNG
Attachment Screen Shot 10-14-15 at 09.55 PM.PNG
In reply to Trace James

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

your problem was different, your Moodle is running "hide" in an iframe so the URL you see in the browser is not the real Moodle URL

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Trace James -

Juan, Thanks.