Changes due to new HTML editor

Changes due to new HTML editor

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

A new HTML editor will replace the current richtext editor, and some strings have changed in the English translation (lang/en/moodle.php) to become more generic:

$string['helprichtext'] = "About the HTML editor";

$string['htmleditor'] = "Use HTML editor (some browsers only)";
$string['htmleditoravailable'] = "The HTML editor is available";
$string['htmleditordisabled'] = "You have disabled the HTML editor in your user profile";
$string['htmleditordisabledadmin'] = "The administrator has disabled the HTML editor on this site";
$string['htmleditordisabledbrowser'] = "The HTML editor is unavailable because your web browser is not compatible";

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Changes due to new HTML editor

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Don't forget richtext.htm ... smiley.gif

I made the translation to Dutch and made the folowing thought (I know it's soon): will it in the future be possible to translate the Heading 1, heading 2... roll down menu ?

(Great editor by the way, we might use it in our school for other purposes than Moodle as well. I was excited to see that there is a way to implement spell checking, but it looks rather difficult if you host moodle on another server but your own.)

In reply to koen roggemans

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Additional tought: is it possible to make the "insert smiley icon" popupscreen also completely translatable (not just the heading) ?
In reply to koen roggemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In fact the Richtext documentation still applies (except the icon for inserting an image has changed) ... but I was hoping we could take the chance to make/find a much better version of the documentation.