While doing some testing between Moodle 2.6 and Moodle 3.1, I discovered an bug with regards to the assignment audio submission and the submission reopen feature.
I noted it in the github bug tracker for the plugin but will still explain here.
Student are unable to submit an assignment with a audio recording if the assignment was previously reopened.
How to produce bug:
- Create an assignment with submission type of "Online audio recording" and under "Submission Settings", "attempts reopened" to "Manually".
- With student A, save an submit an audio recording.
- As teacher, reopen submission by click "allow another attempt" for submission under the record edit menu in the grading table.
- As student A, go to the assignment review page and click "Add a new attempt".
- As student A, try to record and save an audio record. The page will only refresh after clicking save but no audio file will be show. Instead, the student will be brought page to records audio.
If the student was to go back to the assignment review pages, (s)he would realize that all the tries (s)he has made to records a new audio for the current attempt are now stored (associated) with the previous attempt as seen in the image below,