Customizing Non-editing Teacher Role

Customizing Non-editing Teacher Role

by Ashley Mendes -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

I need a role that allows the assigned users to view but not edit the course, view but not edit the gradebook, and view but not edit the actual feedback comments/files for any given assignment (which you generally get to by view/grade all submissions).  I started out with the Non-editing teacher role which meets most of my needs, but when a user who is assigned this role goes into "View/grade all submissions", they don't see anything.  I've tried customizing the role, with no luck.  At this point, I have reset to the starting non-editing teach role.

The assignments have no actual submission from the students, and we are returning a grade, feedback comments, and an Excel file that has the actual gradesheet.  I am using groups, as my goal is for my non-editing teachers to see only the grades/feedback for their students only.

I'd really appreciate any guidance you guys have -- I'm quite stumped.  Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashley Mendes

Re: Customizing Non-editing Teacher Role

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

When you say "don't see anything" what exactly do you mean?  Is the page blank, do they get a message that they don't have permission to see the page or does the page load but no students are showing?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ashley Mendes -

It says "Nothing to display", even though there are students in the applicable group(s) that have graded/released assignments.

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to Ashley Mendes

by Joanna Beaver -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Ashley 

Did you get to the bottom of this? I am having exactly the same problem today. 

Best wishes

Jo

In reply to Joanna Beaver

by Joanna Beaver -
Picture of Plugin developers

Update: Found that Marker Allocation setting had been checked but no marker assigned. Solved issue by either assigning the tutor, or setting Marking Allocation to 'No'. Assignments are now visible as expected to the marking tutor assigned to each Assignment Group, and 'Nothing to Display' message has been removed.