Help needed with Moodle 3.0 QA testing

Help needed with Moodle 3.0 QA testing

by Rajesh Taneja -
Number of replies: 47

Moodle 3.0 is due for release in four weeks from now, so it's time to run another Quality Assurance (QA) testing cycle, starting today: Moodle 3.0 QA. The list of over 500 tests includes tests covering new features and improvements in Moodle 3.0.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 3.0 on our QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the QA testing guide and send me a message if you'd like to be added to the testers group in the Moodle tracker. New testers are always welcome. smile

We're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests within the next three weeks, so all help is much appreciated!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rajesh Taneja

Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.0 QA testing

by Jaswinder Singh -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rajesh,

Please count me for the QA testing. I have already started spreading the news on my blog here.

Regards

Jaswinder Singh

In reply to Jaswinder Singh

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Already in the tester group, i'll take some time for QA testing, as always since some versions smile

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In MDLQA-8359, point 7 is missing...

by Séverin Terrier -
And in MDLQA-8719 title should include CLONE (not COLNE) wink

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks everyone for getting the 3.0 QA cycle off to a great start! According to the QA testing dashboard there are 2% of tests passed so far, with no failures!

Thanks Séverin for pointing out a couple of typing errors which are now fixed.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Helen,

could you verify why the tests can't be assigned. I tried to contact Rajesh but no answer.

It is difficult to manage the tests without to be assigned before.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Fernando, sorry I don't know why tests can't be assigned. Until we've figured it out, for any tests which take a while to run, I suggest you add a comment saying you're about to run the test.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Helen Foster -

Good news Fernando: you should now be able to assign yourself tests, just as before. (Thanks to Eloy for fixing the permissions thingy.)

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Rajesh Taneja -
Sorry for the permission problem and thanks to Helen and Eloy for fixing it smile

Also, thanks Jaswinder, Séverin, Mustafa , Luiggi, Nicolas, Kevin, Fernando, Frederic and Mary for offering to help with QA testing.

Mustafa: As far as I can see you are not a part of moodle tester group, can you please create an account in the Moodle Tracker and let me know Tracker username, so I can add you to the testers group.

Side note: I was just looking at tracker activity and saw some of the tests were passed/failed without any comments. Can I please request all to put your observations for pass/fail so we know how the test went and if there is any need for improvement in testing instructions.

by Mustafa ADIGUZEL -

Hi Rajesh,

I would be happy to help with Moodle 3.0 QA testing.

Mustafa

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Already in the tester group for the 2.9 version, i'd like to take some time for QA testing,

thanks

by Kevin Wiliarty -

I thought I was in the testers group, but I'm not seeing the usual "Assign to me" link on the issue pages. If I'm not in the group, please add me.

In reply to Kevin Wiliarty

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

hi

If you add a comment, you are in the participants list

and when you click on "pass" button (or fail...) you will be in "attribution"

but I can't assign to me an issue directly... (not yet maybe)

In reply to Kevin Wiliarty

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Same as Kevin. I can't seem to assign myself an issue to test, though I can pass the very same issue.

Did the "Assign to me" function disappear?

In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Helen Foster -

Kevin, I can confirm that you are indeed in the testers group. I don't know what happened to the 'Assign to me' link, though I expect Rajesh will have an answer.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please count me in on the testing. I am (I think) still in the Testing Group, but missed some past releases, so not sure if I need to apply again?

Thanks

Mary

by Frederic Nevers -

I'm in for this round. 

Cheers, 

Fred

In reply to Frederic Nevers

by Alex Jal -
Please consider me 
In reply to Alex Jal

by Rajesh Taneja -
Thanks Saqr for offering to help with QA testing. 

Please create an account in the Moodle Tracker and let me know Tracker username, so I can add you to the testers group.

by Alex Jal -

user name loxavia

In reply to Alex Jal

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks for offering to help with QA testing. 

We recently finished the Moodle 3.0 QA cycle, so our next QA cycle won't be for a while, however you are welcome to try things out on our Moodle QA Testing site http://qa.moodle.net/ and post in this forum about any issues you come across, or any questions you have. If you come across any bugs (obvious problems), please report them in the Moodle tracker.

by Lisa Caines -
Picture of Testers

Hi,

I will be happy to assist once again in Moodle QA testing. 

Thanks

Lisa

In reply to Lisa Caines

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks Dag and Lisa for helping with Moodle 3.0 QA testing.

by Paul Nicholls -

I grabbed MDLQA-8362 - but the LTI test tool listed in the instructions no longer seems to be available. 
The IMS website now seems to point you towards http://lti.tools/test/tc.php - which has the details for its own LTI test provider available in the "Registration settings" section.  I'm happy to complete the testing using those details, but what's the process for getting the QA task updated (to replace the test tool details with either the lti.tools ones or some other freely available test tool)?

In reply to Paul Nicholls

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Paul,

I had a similar problem in MDLQA-8625. I just added a comment in the MDLQA-8625 tracker and the Test Instructions were updated by Rajesh.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Paul Nicholls

by Rajesh Taneja -
Thanks for pointing that Paul, 

I agree the link you suggested is what IMS website suggests as well, and we are using same in MDLQA-8195

Saying so, the link in testing instructions here are working fine for me. Please refer the attached image in tracker.

by Janette Dimitrova -

I am interested to participate.

In reply to Janette Dimitrova

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks for offering to help with QA testing Janette,

Can you please send me your tracker username, so I can add you to testers group. 

NOTE: I can see 2 accounts but not sure which one you will be using for testing.

by Rajesh Taneja -

Believe you can and you're halfway there.

Thanks Everyone...

QA 3.0 - Half way

by Roger Domínguez Argemí -

Hi Rajesh,

Can I contribute or it is too late now?

Cheers,

RD

In reply to Roger Domínguez Argemí

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks for offering to help with QA testing Roger,

We still have 2 weeks left and 30% QA issues left to be tested. Please create an account in the Moodle Tracker and let me know your Tracker username, then I can add you to the testers group.

by Roger Domínguez Argemí -

Thanks for your comments, Rajesh. My Tracker username is "rutx"

Cheers,

RD

In reply to Roger Domínguez Argemí

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks for offering to help with QA Roger and Slawomir,

I've added you to the testers group in the tracker, so you can now pass or fail QA tests. Hopefully the process is fully explained in http://docs.moodle.org/dev/QA_testing but if there's anything you're not sure about, please post in here.

Odp: Help needed with Moodle 3.0 QA testing

by Slawomir Grefling -

Hi,

i would like to help you with new moodle 3.0 tests. If you be so kind and add me to list that i can assign test cases to me.

by Michelle Lomman -

Hi

I'd like to test out Moodle 3.0. Please let me know how I can go about this smile

Thanks

Michelle

In reply to Michelle Lomman

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks for offering to help with QA testing Michelle. 

Please create an account in the Moodle Tracker and let me know your Tracker username then I can add you to the testers group. 

Saying so, few issues are pending in this QA cycle, and they might be finished soon. However you are welcome to try things out on our Moodle QA Testing site http://qa.moodle.net/ and post in the Testing and QA forum http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=56 about any issues you come across, or any questions you have. If you come across any bugs (obvious problems), please report them in the Moodle tracker.

by Michelle Lomman -

Hi Rajesh

My Tracker username is lommanm

Cheers

Michelle

In reply to Michelle Lomman

by Rajesh Taneja -

Thanks Michelle,

I have added you to testers group.

by Manoj Singh -

Hi Rajesh,

If I am not late, please add me to testers list. I'd love to contribute whatever I can. My tracker username is 'codenamefirefly'.

Thanks,

Manoj