Easy way to delete course section

Easy way to delete course section

by Sherman Keene -
Number of replies: 4

2.8.8 (Build: 20150914)

Is there an easier/quicker way to delete a course section. Right now, what I'm doing is dragging a section to the bottom and the pressing the [-] button.

If it scrolled faster that would be OK, but even when I drag the reposition tool far down the page, the scroll speed stays the same.

Sherman

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sherman Keene

Re: Easy way to delete course section

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Depending on the Theme and platform? Drag to the bottom and press <->? To the right hand edge of the course you should find three icons, click the last one, it is a large cross, as shown. (Topic/Section same thing) 

Delete a section

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sherman Keene

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sherman - it's true what John says that you can't delete a section with the X in 2.8.8 but you don't have to  have that annoying scrolling to go down to the bottom section and click the - sign.If you hold the cursor on the drag icon, instead of dragging. a list of topics will display and you can just click to move your topic under the last one. See direct link to docs here: Moving items in a course with many activities.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Yvonne Hamilton -

Hi Mary,

We don't want our teachers to be able to delete a whole section. Is there a specific capability for this as I cannot find it. How can we still let them move/hide sections but not delete them?

Regards,

Yvonne