How to add Submission date and time?

How to add Submission date and time?

by Iruma Tenji -
Number of replies: 9
Hi,
I would like to add the function whereby in teacher site, they are able to see the time their student submit their report.
Is it possible?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iruma Tenji

Re: How to add Submission date and time?

by Itamar Tzadok -

You can display the time an entry was created and the time it was last modified. The patterns are (respectively):

[[ETM:timecreated] ]
[[ETM:timemodified] ]

These patterns can be futher extended to display time or date parts. For example, you can use the following pattern to display only the date part of the entry's time modified:

[[ETM:timemodified:date] ]
hth smile
In reply to Iruma Tenji

by Itamar Tzadok -

Yes, you are right. I actually have been thinking about that recently. This could be a fairly easy improvement of the time field. It would allow you to use a time field in the entry submission form such that it will save the time on entry submission. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Iruma Tenji -
Hi Itamar,

I still not really understand it.
what does it mean by the improvement of the time field and how to use the time field in the entry submission form to save the time on entry submission ??
Can u do any example or step on it? it will be a great help
Thanks
In reply to Iruma Tenji

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Iruma,

If I understand Itamar correctly, the time field of the Dataform module needs to be improved. The current time field doesn't have the functionality to save the submission date of students permanently.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Itamar Tzadok -

That's correct. The improvement can be in the form of a time field pattern that does not display input elements in edit mode so that the time cannot be selected by the user, and when the entry is submitted, the submission time is stored in the field content. Feel free to open a tracker issue for that. I'll probably get to the next release in mid december when the term ends. I've been working on quite a few new features and improvements that might go in that release. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Iruma Tenji -

Hi Itamar,

Looking forward to the new features.