Network not enabled error

Network not enabled error

by Oktay Dayıoğlu -
Number of replies: 13

Hi everyone,

When I use mobile data to connect to my moodle site there is no problem. But when I try to use wifi connection moodle mobile gives "Network not enabled or is not working" error message. I couldn't understand what's the reason.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oktay Dayıoğlu

Re: Network not enabled error

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Oktay,

this error is thrown when the app detects that the device is not connected. Does it happen only with one WiFi network, or it happens with more than one?

Regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

Ynt: Re: Network not enabled error

by Oktay Dayıoğlu -

Hi Daniel,

It happens with more than one. I tried in different wifi networks. I can create a test account to you if you want to test.  

Re: Ynt: Re: Network not enabled error

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

it seems a device problem, what is your device brand and Android version?

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Network not enabled error

by Oktay Dayıoğlu -
No, it is not a device problem. More than 3000 students uses my moodle site. But no one can access to moodle with mobile application on wi-fi. Can you test if I provide you a user account?

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Network not enabled error

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

yes, please, we need an account to test what is happening, please send me the account details via private message.

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

I have to agree it sounds like a problem with that device being on wifi and the app doesn't like it. It's not a Lenovo is it? Their wifi implementation has a major bug in it that they haven't even bothered to respond to when I logged it (a different problem, but convinced me that their wifi stack is dodgy)

In reply to Dave Perry

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Network not enabled error

by Oktay Dayıoğlu -

No, it is not lenova. Mine is galaxy S3.  It doesn't accept wifi connection. I've tried on different phones. Galaxy S6 and note3 do not accept neither 3g nor wifi. Iphone accepts both wifi and 3g.

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Network not enabled error

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

thanks for providing me a test user account.

I tested it in all my devices and it works using 2 different wi-fi connections.
We think that maybe is a problem located in the framework we use for build the app Cordova, so we will try to patch the framework or make the app to skip the connection checks.

One last questions, you said you tested in in different Wi-fi networks, are they using proxies, firewalls? are they corporative/institutional Wifi?

I'll keep you informed via this forum post.

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Network not enabled error

by Oktay Dayıoğlu -

Thanks Juan. I tested at home adsl without any proxies or firewall. Also, I tried at university. I don't know about firewall or proxy but Iphone can connect with university network to moodle mobile now. In fact galaxy note 3 could connect with 3g but rejected wifi connection before the last  update  of moodle mobile. But now it also rejects 3g connection.

Re: Network not enabled error

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

we applied a patch, can you test if it works now?

You will need to install the apk:

Step 0 - Uninstall Moodle Mobile from your device

Step 1 – Go to Settings.
Step 2 – Go to Security.
Step 3 – Scroll down and check “Unknown sources” box.
Step 4 – Tap ‘OK” when it show the warning.

Step 5 - Go to https://build.phonegap.com/apps/1712510/builds, download and install the apk downloaded, please let us know if it works for you

In reply to Juan Leyva

Ynt: Re: Network not enabled error

by Oktay Dayıoğlu -

I tested patched version in different devices and there is no problem in connecting with wifi or 3g.

by Juan Leyva -

Just a follow-up, the fix has been integrated and a new version including it will be released this Wednesday

Juan