How do i add another topic?

How do i add another topic?

by Adam Kirkham -
Number of replies: 2

HI all,

any help much appreciated.

We are using an older version of moodle (2.3), im wondering if there is any way to create a category, that will appear as a separate entity? (apologies for any confusion on my lingo)

For example:

I want Learning & Development to be a topic which would have lots of different SCORM courses inside.

I currently have these but they are scattered further down the list on the picture.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Kirkham

Re: How do i add another topic?

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

The number of course sections can be changed by clicking the plus or minus icons at the bottom of the course page when editing is turned on (useful if you're increasing or decreasing by one or two sections)

Or, from Course Administration>Edit Settings go to the Format section and increase the number of topics to whatever you want (useful if you're increasing or decreasing by quite a few sections in one go). See https://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Course_settings#Number_of_weeks.2Ftopics

In reply to Adam Kirkham

Re: How do i add another topic?

by Mark Whitington -

You should be able to re-order your Topic sections by either dragging or clicking up/down arrows.

Look around the edge of the Topic you want to move... there will be an icon to assist with the move but it will be different depending on your theme. Hovering over an icon will indicate what it does.