Uploading webpage (from zipped file)

Uploading webpage (from zipped file)

by Pasi Hakkarainen -
Number of replies: 4

Hi!

Is there a setting (in Moodle) that it shows skandinavik letters right...

Now my imported webpage is showing like this: 

N�m� s��nn�t on kopioitu

It should be:

Nämä säännöt on kopioitu

If I watching this zipped html-page in my browser it's look right but after import it looks like this... I haven't found a way to change settings for this...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pasi Hakkarainen

Re: Uploading webpage (from zipped file)

by Frederic Nevers -

Hi Pasi, 

Can you type letters such as ä in your Moodle text editor? If you do that, do the letters display as expected? What happens if you copy/paste the text into the editor? Does that work? If those two things work, then there is a problem with your file. If it doesn't, there is most likely a problem with your install somewhere.

Moodle can handle most scripts (all?), as long as the Moodle database and the user's browser can handle it. 

Do you upload a zipped file that users can then download, or are the users able to view the HTML page directly in Moodle? I have seen files not being served properly in the past. 

Cheers, 

Fred

In reply to Frederic Nevers

by Pasi Hakkarainen -

Hi! Thank you for your answer & questions...

Can you type letters such as ä in your Moodle text editor? -> yes -> letters are correct when typing & afterwards

if you copy/paste the text into the editor? -> same answer - everything is ok

Content of zipped file looks ok when extracting it to my pc (windows) and all individual files looks correct at browser.

I've uploaded file to create www-page inside of Moodle. First upload zip - then extract it - then went to created folder and choose index.html as a main page.

For me this looks similar if I upload multiple users from csv-file and not choosing UTF-8 coding. But there is no place to choose coding when uploading www-page.

I just also tested when uploading single www-page (I put that page as a attachment here) -> so it is doing exactly same. If you have time to check do you see that page correctly in your browser and what happens when you're trying to upload it to your moodle... Is that possible?

In reply to Pasi Hakkarainen

by Frederic Nevers -

Hi Pasi, 

I have tried to upload it to my site, and it works just fine. 

Cheers, 

Fred

In reply to Frederic Nevers

by Pasi Hakkarainen -

Ok, thanks... My site is at Gnomio... Have to check all the settings and need to ask there...