Idea of how to structure the database and code of a report plugin for multiple years of study

Idea of how to structure the database and code of a report plugin for multiple years of study

by Delvon Forrester -
Number of replies: 0

Good day,

As per the image attached which depicts the tabs, I am doing a report plugin where students will be able to look back at particular reports for different years of study. I am using Moodle 2.8.8 presently.

What I am after is any idea of anyone who has implemented the database and code structure which is very efficient and less stressful on the database.

The institution currently uses a database for a period, say, September to August then back this up on another database and use again for the current school year. However, some students start in January or other times and their data could be spread over more than one database for that year.

Anyone tried this before and can give some ideas of how to structure this taking also in to consideration that some students may resit a year or move to a different programme.

Kindest regards,

Japs

Attachment report years.png
Average of ratings: -