HTML5 Audio tag in TinyMCE

Re: HTML5 Audio tag in TinyMCE

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you stick a media file in the editor then the media filter will find it and 'play' it. If you have HTML5 option switched on then that's what you'll get - the appropriate HTML construct. In theory anyway. 

As I say, it should just work. 

Also, I wouldn't try manipulating links to resources inside the editor. This way lies madness

If you want them as individual activities then set them up as file resources. 

I'm still a bit unclear what you are trying to achieve and why but I sense that you might be overthinking this a bit (or just trying to make your life difficult). wink

Failing all of that... the answer may just be 'no'. Or possibly, write your own plugin for the editor - https://docs.moodle.org/dev/TinyMCE_plugins  (there is also an editor forum if you have specific questions)

PS... I deleted your other post about this. Please don't start multiple posts for the same issue. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: HTML5 Audio tag in TinyMCE

by Andrew Webb -

Where is this HTML5 option you speak of turned off/on?

When I click the "Add media" button it uses (as noted) the <a> tag, not the <audio> tag. That makes me think the HTML 5 option is not set.

If I write a plugin, is that something I can load as an editing teacher for specific pages only, or does it need to be course or system wide?