Add one random from each subcategory

Re: Add one random from each subcategory

by Oleg Sychev -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

First of all, my +1 to do the change. Summative quizzes are often done as several "one random from category" questions, and manually clicking on 10-20 categories to create a random question from each is a boring task.

On the interface: I prefer first screen since it is smaller, but titles of the buttons should be clearer like "Add random question(s) from this category" and "Add random question(s) from each subcategory of this category". Note "(s)" before question since "one" is not correct - it can be overrided by "Number of random questions" settings above. Placing a help icon near buttons (especially new one) is also recommended.

In reply to Oleg Sychev

Re: Add one random from each subcategory

by Julia Golutvina -

Thank you for your opinion! I agree with you that  "Add random question(s) from this category" is clearer titles, but what aboat second I thinking that this button sould make a quiz adding just ONE random question from each sub category. You think that this option will be more useful if we can add several quastion from each and this amount wiil taken from spin "Number of random question(s)"?