Automating un-enrolment/removal of past results for repeating a course

Automating un-enrolment/removal of past results for repeating a course

by Laura Robinson -
Number of replies: 2

As a precursor to the below, I've seen a couple of similar topics on the forums, but nothing that exactly matches our specific need.

We have a course on our platform which requires users to successfully complete a quiz and receive a certificate on an annual basis.  Currently we manage this by manually deleting quiz attempts and certificate issues, as well as removing the enrolment for the user, so that they can access afresh.  This is usually prompted by someone contacting our help desk saying they are unable to access it.

As you can imagine this is not an ideal situation, so I'm looking to the community to see if/how we might set up the course more efficiently.

Current obstacles are as follows:

1. Not everyone will be completing the course at the same time, so we can't just reset the course for everyone at a set point in the year, or create a new copy/version of the course for everyone at a set point - different users will complete it at different times of year, so the "validity" period of the course will vary from person to person. 

2. Simply re-activating the user's enrolment without doing anything else will mean their previous results are still stored - these need to be removed so they can reattempt the quiz and get a brand new certificate with the new date of completing.

I'm sure we must be missing some functionality/process somewhere, so hope someone can point us in the right direction.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura Robinson

Re: Automating un-enrolment/removal of past results for repeating a course

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have a look at http://www.iomad.org wink

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Automating un-enrolment/removal of past results for repeating a course

by Laura Robinson -

Hi Howard, I've viewed your link.  Not sure how it answers my query.