Quiz attempts acting weird

Quiz attempts acting weird

by Marjan Milošević -
Number of replies: 3

I am trying to get data about quiz attempts and results, I got some SQL and stuff. The quiz I use got "multiple attempts" checked and "Best result" selected. However, I observed that every attempt was overwriting the previous one in the "quiz_attempts" table. Also, there is only one attempt shown in "previous attempts" screen when user go to the same test again (which is natural). 

And, the last thing: There are no quiz results in the teacher view. Not even that single one that I do see in databasesad

What's going on? I want a test that got unlimited number of attempts and every single attempt is recorded in database, so I can take them and do stuff with them. Any idea? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marjan Milošević

Re: Quiz attempts acting weird

by Marjan Milošević -

OK, I think somehow the attempts are registered as preview. I might messed up some permissions, I check that.

YEs, theres 1 in preview column

In reply to Marjan Milošević

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

So, that is you explanation. You need to fix the permissions so that people attempting the quiz don't have mod/quiz:preview capability.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marjan Milošević -

I think I messed up things because I altered some permissons in order to make an user able to take test that is on the front page. By default, the role user has on the front page does not allow him to even see the test. At least it looked like that to me. So I played with permissions and blew the things up.

Thanks Lord (and developers) for the "reset to default" option! smile