Hotpot Quiz - importing source code?

Hotpot Quiz - importing source code?

by Richard Palmer -
Number of replies: 1

Good morning,

I'm not sure if I will be able to fully explain what it is I am wanting to do........ Not having used Hotpot for a number of years I am now wanting to resurrect a quiz I created several years ago. I have a copy of the quiz in web webpage format and hence the source code. What I would like to do is load the source code into Jqiz so I can carry out some amendments, add images and then import the quiz to my Moodle course. How do I do this please?

Rick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Palmer

Re: Hotpot Quiz - importing source code?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The file containing the "quiz in web webpage format" is the HTML file. This is not immediately useful to you.

What you need is the original JQuiz file. This probably has a name that ends in ".jqz". Let's call this the JQZ file.

If you have the JQZ file, then you can open that with JQuiz, make your changes, and then regenerate the HTML file.

If you don't have the JQZ file, you will either have to recreate it, perhaps referring to the HTML file, or alternatively, if you just want to make a few small changes, e.g. change titles or fix spelling mistakes, you can open the HTML file with a text editor, and make the changes directly to the HTML file. 

regards
Gordon