Progress Bar Restricted Activities

Progress Bar Restricted Activities

by can meşe -
Number of replies: 6

When i added a progress bar block (block_progress), restricted activities  did not seem on the bar. if it is removed restrict such as time, grade, activity completion, the activities seem on the bar. How can show all activites on the bar?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to can meşe

Re: Progress Bar Restricted Activities

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I am just moving your question to the General plugins forum as the progress bar is a plugin. I imagine students don't see restricted activities on the progress bar because they are not meant to be able to access those activities until they have completed other activities -in some cases they should not even know the existence of the restricted activities. So it will help if you can give your reasons why you feel restricted activities should be on the progress bar.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Ynt: Re: Progress Bar Restricted Activities

by can meşe -

Hello Mary,

Thank you for your response.

If course layout sets  "show one section per page", activites don't show on progress block. I should restrict due to an academic research. Also students can see all activites on progress block line. So they can see their progress everytime. 

In reply to can meşe

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, Can.

The Progress Bar shows activities that can be viewed by the user. It shows the same activities as can be seen on the course page. If an activity is hidden, by one of various means, it will not appear in course page or the Progress Bar. If you want to use activity restrictions but still allow students to see what is coming, make sure that the activity is still visible but not accessible in the course and the Progress Bar should follow that.

The Progress Bar should not be affected by the course format.

In reply to Michael de Raadt

by Carlos Kiyan Tsunami -
Picture of Plugin developers

hi Michael

I have granted access to a group to a particular activity, as shown in the picture.

I tested with a member that doesn't belong to the "group A "but that particular activity is display on the progress bar for everybody. Please, what can i do to hide it for the participants that don't belong to that group.

Thanks in advance

Carlos

In reply to Carlos Kiyan Tsunami

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, Carlos.

If you want to hide the activity from people not in the group (users who don't qualify to see the activity according to the restriction), then you need to click the eye icon to the left of the restriction.