Question type for verification quizzes.

Question type for verification quizzes.

by Randy Wald -
Number of replies: 4

We are using several Moodle courses for verification of policies. Employees login, read the information, and take a short one question quiz where they indicate they have read and understand the policies. Does anyone know of a way, or a plugin, that would allow us to have just one checkbox. Right now we have users type the word yes for a correct answer but we'd like to make it so there is a single choice and click. True or False isn't cutting it either. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Randy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Randy Wald

Re: Question type for verification quizzes.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I can't think of a way to do this with standard Moodle.

I can think of two ways to do it with various amounts of hackery.

1) Make a new plugin. It could be a new question type with just one checkbox, or an activity something like a cross between Choice and Label, that displays the checkbox right on the course page.

2) In the quiz, what you want is a multiple choice question that is set to allow 'multiple' choices to be selected, so you get checkboxes not radio buttons, but which only has one checkbox. The question editing system won't let you create a question like that, but I think you can fake one like this:

1. Create a new multiple choice question.
  2. Put in whatever question text you want people to agree to.
  3. One or multiple answers? Multiple answers allowed
  4. Number the choices: No numbering
  5. Choice 1: I agree (100%)
  6. Choice 2: DELETE ME XYXXY (0%) - or something else very distinctive.
  7. Save the question.
  8. Go into the database with a tool like Adminer or PHPMyAdmin, and look in the mdl_question_answers table.
  9. Fine the DELETE ME XYXXY row, and delete it.
  10. In Moodle, do Purge all caches.
  11. Preview the question and see if it now has just one checkbox.

Note, I have not tested this, and it needs direct access to the database (dangerous!). However, it probably works.

In reply to Randy Wald

Re: Question type for verification quizzes.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

How about using a label for the Do You Agree text, then set completion options so that students can mark as completed - this will create a checkbox by or in the label that they could then click to show agreement...not perfect but might work..

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Trả lời: Re: Question type for verification quizzes.

by Đinh Lư Giang -

Addition to Emma's very creative idea, you can use the OneTopic Course format and set others tabs to be hidden and when the employees hit the button "Do you agree", set other tabs to show up.

Giang