please suggest me exact versions...

please suggest me exact versions...

by Miki Alliel -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Translators

I tried to install moodle 1.5.2  several times and I want it to be used in ISS and I have my own webhost.

I don't want to use easyphp (because I need and want the IIS and in easyphp I anderstood that it required Apache and I don't want that).

I want to know the absolute and right versions of PHP, and MYSQL systems to install which ones shell I install to make it with no problems please suggest?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: please suggest me exact versions...

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It is possible to run Moodle in a WIMP environment. I have done so and it appears to be working fine.

We are using -
Windows XP Professional
IIS/5.0
MySQL 4.1.13 (there were some issues with v5)
PHP 5.0.3 (I had some issues with 5.1)

We also installed PHPMyAdmin and the default error pages had to be setup so that we could login using cookies and use http authentication. Otherwise, I remember few issues during the install but if you have problems just let me know and we can find a solution. I would be happy to send you any configuration information you need.

Peace - Anthony

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

I downloaded evry virsion you said anthony/ and I'm now getting in  the middle of my installation of moodle - install.php    I get this error:

PHP has not been properly configured with the MySQL extension so that it can communicate with MySQL. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP.

Type

mysql postgres7

Host Server

Database

משתמש

סיסמא

Tables prefix

I don't know y but I did install the whole package of php but I cann't find the etention folder? where can I finde it? can I solve the error problem that I got without the extention folder?

I tried to download the php_mysql.dll in system32 and in windows folder and I did remove the leading semicollon ";" in php.ini but when I tried to enter again to install.php I got windowBox with error warning : "PHP startup unable to load dynamic library ' ./php_mysql.dll'- the specified module could not be found."

what can I do does my php_mysql.dll file is not good/ can you send me one? or isn't it the problem.

please help me I am in the midlle of moodle instalation and still cannot complete it/  please I'm desperate.

In reply to Miki Alliel

by Anthony Borrow -
From php.net download the zip file rather than the installer. It will contain the extension folder. You should not have to copy anything to the windows/system folder - actually you should avoid doing so. I followed the php manual install instructions fairly closely.

In the php.ini I uncommented the extensions for mysql and gd2.

It is worth taking the time to make sure that you get php installed and working properly first. Let me know if you need anything else.

Peace - Anthony

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

so you think that if I'll install the zip virsion of php it would help? can you send me alink so I can download it ? because I can't find it I found just the installer fiel of php 5.0.3 but not the zip one

thanks you

In reply to Miki Alliel

by Anthony Borrow -
Sorry for the delay - I was in the classroom. Give this a shot: I copied it from php.net/downloads.php

http://www.php.net/get/php-5.0.5-Win32.zip/from/a/mirror

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

ok so let me get it straight - I'll now uninstall the php 5.0.3 that I have already / and install the 5.0.5 version (as you gave me here) ? without touching the others: moodle 1.5.2, and Mysql 4.1.13 which both are installed in my computer.  right??

I'll wait for your response before I'll do it.

thanks

In reply to Miki Alliel

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

well I opened the zip file "php-5.0.5-Win32.zip" that you gave me and extended the file with all the folders (and the ext folder too) to "c:\php"

but now please look and the picture that I added here   how can I insall the this php virsions of file  I cannt fine the install. how do I do is. please look at the pic  and tell me what to do with thoose files ? don't I need to install?

my php files and folders

because what I did is just extand the files from the zip file/

is that enough?

thanks