Where I can find moodleorange theme?

Where I can find moodleorange theme?

by Tony Touch -
Number of replies: 13
Hi to all I love moodle because is a great tool for my students, I am searching for this great theme "moodleorange" that moodle.org use by default. This theme is avaiable for download or is just for moodle website? tongueout
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Touch

Re: Where I can find moodleorange theme?

by Timothy Takemoto -

Mitsuhiro Yoshida made classic orange for 1.5.2 and posted it to the Japanese moodle forum.

I take the liberty of posting it here, attached. A version of it is what I use at
yueigo.com

Thanks Mitsu!

Timothy

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Tony Touch -
Hi Timothy thanks for your reply but the theme I'm talking about is the one moodle.org is using right now, not classicorange sad

This website http://www.haller.com.ve/cursos/ is using it too
In reply to Tony Touch

by Carlo Gandolfi -
I'm new on Moodle and also I wonder where find Moodle Themes and moodle.org ones (Default, moodleorenge, moodleorangeArial).
Thanks in advance, C.
In reply to Carlo Gandolfi

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

As far as I know, the moodle.org theme is not officially available.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Carlo Gandolfi -
Thanks, nice to know it. As I'm new here, I supposed that moodle site theme was the default moodle theme like other CMS/LMS as (among ones I know) Dokeos, Docebo or Plone. Is little bit strange for me, isn't it?

by Darren Smith -
It is strange that the default theme is not that of the site as the site is essentially the shop window for the product.

It is very strange that the site theme is not included at all. I guess Martin doesn't want lots of clone sites. That would make sense.

The strangest thing of all is the choice to use that white one as the default theme. I can't think of one real site I have seen which uses it. I guess the thinking was to go for something completely neutral but it is such a disappointment to new moodlers when they see all of the wonderful sites around and then the plain white one when they install theirs. I know it's easy enough for most people to change the theme but IMHO the default theme should glisten and sparkle and say "Look how good this piece of software is" like a bloke in a DJ or a woman in a ball gown IYSWIM.

Darren
In reply to Darren Smith

by Carlo Gandolfi -
I agree with you.
Changing themes is a feature that some other LMS doesn't have. For a new user (as I am)  could be useful to know which theme is used on each site.
For example, when you browse a blog made by word press or serendipity  you can find the used theme as footer note.
I think that this could be useful in moodle too.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You can look in the source and see the path of the stylesheets to see this.
In reply to Darren Smith

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The state of bundled themes is bad I know. In fact I had twenty new themes ready to check in for 1.6 a few weeks ago but the last-minute accessibility changes in 1.6 have broken them all and I haven't time to fix/maintain them.

We now have the Moodle Themes repository to collect and display themes, and we will be actively choosing the best from there to include in Moodle from now on.
In reply to Tony Touch

by Daniele Cordella -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Daniele Cordella

by Carlo Gandolfi -
Not yet sorry, I'm new here. Are moodle.org themes come from there?

by Clay Cooper -

Can anyone tell me what the status is on moodleorange theme 1.5.X for public use?  I love this theme and would like to use it with a different logo & banner.

In reply to Clay Cooper

by Martin Dougiamas -
No, the moodle.org theme is definitely not available for download, I would like moodle.org to be a little bit unique.