can't override and reopen quiz for student

can't override and reopen quiz for student

by Ellen B Cutler -
Number of replies: 4

v. 2.9

The powers that be transferred a student from a different section to mine and I am trying to have her take a quiz that is closed. I put in an user override thing, specifying a time for her to take the quiz but on her end the quiz stayed grayed out. I tried fiddling with open and close dates and when work expected to be done but nothing is working.

Clearly I am doing something wrong.

Could someone help me with step-by-step directions on how to open a quiz for a student that has otherwise closed? And remind me of all the things to check? Thanks so much.

Ellen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ellen B Cutler

Re: can't override and reopen quiz for student

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If the quiz is greyed out on the course page, then that is probably a conditional availability thing.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ellen B Cutler -

I'm just not sure what you mean by a "conditional availability thing." And if it is, how to I fix that so she can take the quiz?

Thanks.

Ellen

In reply to Ellen B Cutler

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry, I was talking about this https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Conditional_activities

(And I always forget whether it is activities or availability.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ellen B Cutler -

I looked at that, Tim, but that is not the problem. I put "conditions" on the "activity" (the quiz). Now, due to an unusual circumstance I need to override those conditions. I put in an override for this student but it is not working; the quiz remains grayed out and she cannot take it.

I need help with the override.

Thanks. Ellen