LDap Enrolment

LDap Enrolment

by Brian Lockwood -
Number of replies: 3

On a new 2.9.2 server, Ubuntu 14.04, OpenLdap I have LDap authentication working together with the users profile getting filled in from LDap server.

I would like to get enrolment working and am not getting anywhere with autocreate although the user gets added if the course exists already.

Here is some info re a course,

cn=101,cn=moodlers,ou=moodleusers,dc=eddie,dc=com

and a user

cn=Joe Bloggs ,ou=moodleenrollers,dc=eddie,dc=com

The Role mapping I have in place for student is cn=moodlers,ou=moodleusers,dc=eddie,dc=com >> memberuid

as moodleusers is the ou where I have put my groups.

I have read that ldap enrolment has some issues in 2.9.x

Any ideas. One thing that would help would be whether there Is there a log which would show me what lookups are being done on ldap by moodle?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Lockwood

Re: LDap Enrolment

by Brian Lockwood -

There was an error in the previous entry in that the user does not actually get added to an existing course.

by Brian Lockwood -

Also, by turning on debugging I get the following followed by succesful log in but no course enrolment.

Warning: ldap_control_paged_result() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /var/www/html/moodle/enrol/ldap/lib.php on line 775

Warning: ldap_control_paged_result_response(): No server controls in result in /var/www/html/moodle/enrol/ldap/lib.php on line 797

by Brian Lockwood -

Looks like the previous error was due to the default page size not being set to 250. Actually setting it to 250 stopped the error/warning but did not fix the problem of enrolment