Embedded Internet Archive - Bottom Cut Off

Embedded Internet Archive - Bottom Cut Off

by Brian Rigwald -
Number of replies: 2
The internet archive is a great resource and it has some very educational games on it.  I have tried to embed two separate games into a Moodle page, but the bottom gets cut off each time I do it.  Changing the embedded size doesn't seem to fix the issue.  The game screen always gets "bumped" down from the top of the screen, pushing the bottom out of the embedded area.

For example, here is the embed code for Oregon Trail Deluxe:

<iframe src="https://archive.org/embed/msdos_Oregon_Trail_Deluxe_The_1992" width="560" height="384" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The problem is actually exacerbated when you make the size larger.

Any suggestions?

Attachment Oregon Trail Issue.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Rigwald

Re: Embedded Internet Archive - Bottom Cut Off

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

That is interesting..mmmm it looks to me like the height of the frame is what is displayed, I would think that the title page is an image, and that is what is not happening. I would suspect the image is resizing in the width to fill the frame but as the width gets broader, the height is getting longer. Have you checked the size of the image itself? Can you ensure the ratio of height and width of the image is the same in the frame? Outside of that, I can't see any other reason why this would happen.