how to start single course in multiple time slots

how to start single course in multiple time slots

by gaurav singh bisht -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

I created one course, but i want to start course more then one times. How can we do this in moodle.

And give rights student to choose any time slot.

thanks

gaurav

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gaurav singh bisht

Re: how to start single course in multiple time slots

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Gaurav,

I assume you mean different sections of Course A during the same marking period. For example, I might have both a Monday and Tuesday section or a 9 AM and a 1 PM section for the Fall semester.  

Option 1: You could assign students to different groups in Course A.   The signup would have to be via a survey  or forum or something outside Moodle.

Option 2: Create a course for every section.  I have done this, I just backup and restore the first course without students and give it a different name.  For example, you will have Course A section1, Course B section2.   This means you will have to go into each course to grade etc.

Option 3: Create a Course A.   Also create individual courses for each of the sections for the students to select. Course A should be a metacourse that gets it's enrollments from the two section courses.   Thus students enrolled in a section are automatically enrolled in the metacourse.  If you wish, in the metacourse you can assign each section to a different group.  Or you can turn off enrollment in a section course while leaving the other section course open.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

Chris