replacing the text_area with the html editor in essential theme

replacing the text_area with the html editor in essential theme

by vaibhav katariya -
Number of replies: 6

I have replace the text_area with the html_editor on the setting page for slider / carousel in essential theme but the styled text is not appearing on the carousel and the error appears when i save the page with new textcodeerror

Attachment HTML not accepted in slide caption-1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to vaibhav katariya

Re: replacing the text_area with the html editor in essential theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That's theme 'epfl' not Essential, therefore could have loads of other customisations that may affect that area.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by vaibhav katariya -

i have replace the theme name "essential" with "epfl".

how can i get the whole style text in the "$slidecaption" variable. which is in the core_renderer.php file in render_slide();

Attachment Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 12.09.12 PM.png
In reply to vaibhav katariya

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Try removing , PARAM_TEXT which is at the end of that row! (you need to lose the comma after default too!)

In reply to Mary Evans

by Darren O'Neill -
Hi Mary,

I removed the PARM_TEXT and I can now enter HTML in the field, however it is still having no effect. I was wondering would be able to advise further. I am trying to add a line break but my br tags are having no effect.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Darren

In reply to Darren O'Neill

by Darren O'Neill -
Hi Mary,

I got this in the end I un-ticked Remove HTML tags from all activity names and the line breaks appeared. It's probably not an ideal solution in the long run but it will allow for testing.

Best,
Darren