What's the state of play with US Moodle Partners?

What's the state of play with US Moodle Partners?

by David Dunn -
Number of replies: 5

Having recently relocated to the US from the Netherlands, I was curious to see the state of Moodle activity here. When I checked the list of US partners on this site a month ago, there were only companies. 

• ClassroomRevolution -- Latest article on their News page is from 2009! No reply to my email about info.
  • MoodleRooms -- No reply to two emails, no reply to phone message.
  • WebAnywhere -- A large UK parent company just getting started in the US. Good contact via the UK office.

This evening I see there are two new companies in the US Partner list:

• Elearning Experts; and
  • Moonami

Can someone give me a clear picture of the state of play with the US Partners? I get the feeling that there is a disconnect between Partners and the many users here.

Regards,

David Dunn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Dunn

Re: What's the state of play with US Moodle Partners?

by Derek Chirnside -

This is a tricky question David.

I'm not sure if the information you want will emerge in this space.  Check out the eLiterate blog with their posts on Moodle, and a couple of other threads here on Totara Forking, Remote Learner and POET etc.

Or drop Martin a line.  There is a difference in knowing the scene well with it's dark crannies in the US or just finding a single good company that can meet your needs.  The world is Global.  There are some good MP's not in the US as well.  Out of your list I know who I would recommend, and I am surprised at MoodleRooms - I think this was just a bad day at the telephone.

I hope your relocation goes well, that you do not get sucked into Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks - and that you can find good oliebollen in December.

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by David Dunn -

Thanks for your insights, Derek. I'll follow up your suggestions for further research.

And we've already got an emergency order of hagelslag and "drop" being flown in this week ;-D

In reply to David Dunn

by Phill Miller -

David, 

I'm the head of Moodlerooms globally, and I'm really sorry to hear that no one got back to you.  We have had a few people in the U.S. change roles, and I'm guessing that the mailboxes got lost in the shuffle.  We are the largest Moodle partner in the U.S., and actually the largest Moodle provider in the world, so we'd love to chat with you.  

Please reach out to me directly at pmiller@moodlerooms.com, and I'll get in touch and find the right person for you to speak with. 

PS - I note that you are in the Washington Metro area, maybe you can just swing by in Baltimore and meet with some Moodlerooms folks.  

Thanks again!  

Phill Miller

VP, Moodlerooms

In reply to Phill Miller

by David Dunn -

Hi Phil,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will contact you by email.

David