how to email the whole class?

how to email the whole class?

by Erik Ringmar -
Number of replies: 5

What is the best way to email the whole class at the same time?  Is it possible to force them to participate in a forum and then send the email that way, or is there some smart way of simultaneously sending out an email via some other Moodle function/module?

greetings from London,

Erik

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erik Ringmar

Re: how to email the whole class?

by A. T. Wyatt -
You might look at this link (similar conversation some time ago):
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=30590#143162

My recollection is that the quickmail block is in cvs as block_quickmail.  We enjoy it very much.

I also use the forced subscribe forum on occaision.  It depends on if I want the students to have access to an archive of the text of the message.

atw

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Erik Ringmar -
thank you so much!!!  You are really saving my time!
In reply to Erik Ringmar

by warmac - -
I notice using quickmail that not every user gets listed, why is this ? Do they have to be part of a course in order to be listed and send email to ?

would be better that we can email every user even if they are not yet part of a course,

I'd l like to see more standard like methods that popular blogs, forums use in these areas, if moodle could intergrate the best of all the other things out there, they would rock the web universe.
In reply to warmac -

by Michael Penney -
We have a support course with all users enrolled for that purpose. I have over 10,000 users, don't want to see all of them every time I try to email a particular classsmile.
In reply to Michael Penney

by warmac - -
10,000 surprise that's alot of moodling, a support course makes good sense, what would a support course contain ? I was thinking of doing a knowledge base course would this be the same as support or are they two different areas.