Grid Format - Change image problem

Grid Format - Change image problem

by Chris Creed -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

As detailed in a former post, the grid format is behaving strangely.

My site is installed in a sub directory www.mysite.com/moodle

Every time, since the last upgrade, that I try to change the image on the grids course the link send me to www.mysite.com and a 404 error.

I am using the latest Moodle :

Moodle 2.9.2 (Build: 20150914)

and

Grid format version : 20150622 release : 2.9.1.505

Everything worked great until the last update of Grid format, which is a shame as I really like the look of the format and don't want to abandon it.

I won't put a screenshot as the problem is clearly defined.

Thank you for any pointers.

All the best

Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Creed

Re: Grid Format - Change image problem

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chris,

From the description, I cannot replicate....

Cheers,

Gareth

Attachment 2015-09-16 11_59_54-Ubuntu 14.04 Book [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.jpg
Attachment Screenshot from 2015-09-16 12_00_38.png
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Chris Creed -

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your message.

Today I deleted Grid format from my system and the file by Ftp, then uploaded the new version - it seemed to work.

That is, it let me pick an image, instead of forking to my other site, but then I have the following warning :

Grid Format Image Exception:...

Can not create file "52/course/section/96/goi__Lesson_Plan Title.png"
  • line 1356 of /course/format/grid/lib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 110 of /course/format/grid/editimage.php: call to format_grid->create_section_image()

I thought at first it might be a Safari bug, but it does the same in Firefox

I hope this can shed more light on this problem.

Kind regards

Chris

In reply to Chris Creed

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chris,

I think this is a file permissions issue.  Please read the details about that in the installation instructions of the readme file.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Andy Chaplin -

Hi Gareth, Chris,

I think this is the same problem I have with a couple of my sites regarding permissions getting changed during an update (which you highlighted in Point 6 here.)  Deleting and reinstalling worked for me the first time, but that's a bit of a pain!

I think it must be an issue with the hosting (or server settings external to Moodle) because the update always works on some sites, but always triggers the error with two hosts.

I haven't delved too deeply into this, because I just go into the file manager and change the permissions which only takes a minute.  There may well be a more permanent solution, but I don't know what it is.

Hope this helps,

Andy