Preview option for imported course in 2.9.1 version

Preview option for imported course in 2.9.1 version

by Nikitha Ch -
Number of replies: 14

Hi,

When I import my course into my local moodle of version 2.9.1 and I didn't find preview option just I can download the file but there is no option for previewing. Can you please help me out in previewing the course before downloading the course.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikitha Ch

Re: Preview option for imported course in 2.9.1 version

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't think there is a preview option actually. Is it important to you to have that option?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikitha Ch -

Yes, because before downloading we need to know what that course contains. So, can you help me whether there is any other option know the contains before downloading or not.

In reply to Nikitha Ch

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well the only thing I can suggest is, if you don't want to upload it to your own site, then upload it to our sandbox site (demo.moodle.net) and look at it there and then delete it, assuming the courses are not top secret. Or if you upload it ten minutes before the hour, the sandbox site is reset and your previewed course will be erased anyway.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikitha Ch -

Hi Mary,

I want to make sure that I'm understanding what you are saying.  We don't necessarily need to just see the course contents, we need to have the ability to take the course as well.  Let me explain in further detail.

In a previous version of Moodle we can log in as an admin, load a SCORM course (via zip file), and then either preview or take the course within this same admin account.  I'm interested in doing this exact same process inside this version of Moodle but I cannot seem to find a way to do it.

It doesn't seem to make any sense to me to be able to load up a SCORM course in Moodle and yet have no way of either taking the course or viewing the contents.  Isn't the ability to view or take a course the whole reason for Moodle when it comes to it?

Maybe I'm not understanding something.  Please clarify.  I do appreciate your help.

Regards

In reply to Nikitha Ch

by Mary Cooch -

Sure you can load a SCORM course - how is it working differently from when you did this previously? What were the steps you use in previous versions of Moodle and what is not working for you now? Documentation: SCORM settings

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikitha Ch -

Mary,

The attached Zip file contains screen shots of steps for viewing a course in my previous version of moodle. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

In reply to Nikitha Ch

by Mary Cooch -

OK -that was  a five year old version of Moodle. Do it this way:

1. As admin, add a new course following these instructions (direct docs link) Adding a new course
  2. Where it says in that documentation 'Enter the course settings,' in Course administration >Edit settings, set the course format to Single activity format. Follow the instructions in this documentation Course settings What was previously the SCORM course format is now the Single activity format. When you select SCORM and save, you will be prompted to upload your SCORM package and then the rest should be familiar to you.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikitha Ch -

Still, I can't view the course. Just, I can download the file.

In reply to Nikitha Ch

by Mary Cooch -

Is it the same SCORM package you used in an earlier Moodle version? It is definitely a SCORM package?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikitha Ch -

Yes, can you please provide me steps clearly.

In reply to Nikitha Ch

by Mary Cooch -

I have explained the steps in a previous post. Instead, can you say in which step the instructions are not working for  you?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikitha Ch -

Can you suggest me which one of latest versions of moodle will help me in viewing the course after importing the course on to the moodle before downloading.

Thank you,

Nikitha.

In reply to Nikitha Ch

by Mary Cooch -

The latest version should behave in the same way as previous versions but whereas before you could choose SCORM course format, now you have to choose Single Activtiy course format. Here are my instructions again. A good idea is to try one of your SCORM courses on our sandbox practice site here: demo.moodle.net to see how this works. Also, I am moving this thread to the SCORM forum as I think it only concerns display of SCORM courses.

1. As admin, add a new course following these instructions (direct docs link) Adding a new course
  2. Where it says in that documentation 'Enter the course settings,' in Course administration >Edit settings, set the course format to Single activity format. Follow the instructions in this documentation Course settings What was previously the SCORM course format is now the Single activity format. When you select SCORM and save, you will be prompted to upload your SCORM package and then the rest should be familiar to you.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikitha Ch -

Thank you so much for your help Mary, Now I can view the scorm packages in my moodle.