Instructions Using Klass Theme

Instructions Using Klass Theme

by Eileen Bracken -
Number of replies: 8

We have recently installed Moodle v2.9 and installed the Klass theme - I have managed to customise the front page, header and footer but am struggling to put on courses and add content to them using this theme.  Could someone please help? I would really appreciate some simple user instructions on the Klass theme.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eileen Bracken

Re: Instructions Using Klass Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

I have not used KLASS theme as a working theme, but I have looked at the code on occasion to compare it with other themes. I can't say I have checked to see if it is different than the norm though. Setting up courses should be the same as you have always done. There is, however, one thing that you may be wondering about, and that is how to get the course mages to display on the Frontpage? If this is what you mean then all you need to do is go back to each course and 'Edit settings' and upload an image in the File picker provided in the Summary section of these settings.

Hope this helps?

Mary.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Emmanuel Abba -

Hello Mary

I need help editing the "who we are" section of the Klass theme on the landing page. I can't find where to do that on my installation. I am working with theme_klass for moodle2.9

In reply to Emmanuel Abba

by Simon Rediss-Whitfield -

Site Administration>Appearance>Themes>Klass>Front Page

In reply to Simon Rediss-Whitfield

by Robb Kerr -
Hello,

Is it possible to disable the slide link function on the front page? As the classes already appear on the front page, I do not need an easy redirect button. 

Thanks.

by Simon Rediss-Whitfield -

Hi Eileen, 

Just came across your post, did you manage to get your questions to your answers? if not let me know as this is a theme which I am using

In reply to Simon Rediss-Whitfield

by Eileen Bracken -

I did, but thank you for getting back to me - I may need our help in future!

by abhishek bhattacharjee -

hi all 

its quiet sometime i see for the above thread i am having a lot problem with klass theme

hi all i am not able to display the customized pages as designers add it in the theme/layout folder its only column1 column2 column3 even i cudn't decide which of these columns are being taken i have added frontpage.php then dashboard.php the customized one in config.php of the class theme with no luck little help will be most appreciated