Two different places for autpmated backups scheduling !

Two different places for autpmated backups scheduling !

by Naaman Fallouh -
Number of replies: 4
I'm running 2.9.1 Moodle instance and got confused when detecting that there are two places to set automated backups schedule !

What's the difference between the scheduling settings in:
Site administration > Courses > Backups > Automated backup setup
and
Site administration > Server > Scheduled tasks > Automated backups

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Naaman Fallouh

Re: Two different places for autpmated backups scheduling !

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

You already asked exactly the same thing (for Moodle 2.7, but nothing as changer for that), and already had answers!
When you ask things, please read answers wink

Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Naaman Fallouh -

I'm feeling ashamed, but it's that it toke time to get your answer so i forgot it.

The important thing is thank you a lot, it was a good useful answer but have a question, if I disabled the `Courses > Backup > Automated backup setup` does this affects the timing in it and I still can use the other settings (location, what to backup ... etc) or it disables everything ??

In reply to Naaman Fallouh

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As i explained in this message, if you define in "Courses > Backups > Automated backup setup", that "Automated backup" is "manual", it won't be executed automatically (by cron), but other parameters can be defined, and they will be used when executing moodle/admin/cli/automated_backups.php

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Naaman Fallouh -
Thanks a lot again,
I changed my way to use yours (manual with external cron and disabled scheduled task), this looks simpler and familiar.