Activity Completion - view all slides or get 100% in quiz

Activity Completion - view all slides or get 100% in quiz

by Ayo Pedracio -
Number of replies: 1

I am looking for a way to mark an activity as complete if the user either (A) gets 100% in the quiz or (B) views all the slides.

I have an extra slide which only displays if the user fails the quiz so now I get this problem: if the user get 100% in the quiz, then there is this one slide which they haven't viewed... so this activity is marked 'incomplete' even if the score is 100.

I've tried changing the quiz preferences (e.g. Success/Completion Criteria: Slide views and/or quiz with slide views set to 100% and quiz set to 'quiz is passed'), as well as the activity completion settings in Moodle. However I still haven't arrived at a solution. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ayo Pedracio

Re: Activity Completion - view all slides or get 100% in quiz

by Sam Stevens -

If you are using captivate (or similar but I don't know much about the others) it would be better to do it on the content side (for a few reasons)

All you need to do is to control access within the content to a certain point and then have that point do what you want. i.e not a moodle issue.

So for captivate. Set it to just look for a status of Passed then set captivate to send Passed if the quiz is complete.

For the slide view just have the very last slide have an on entry action that uses  LMSSetValue("cmi.core.lesson_status","passed") and control access to that one slide. i.e they can only get there if they have viewed slides x-y. I think there are a few ways of doing that but it might be dependent on how your content is set up so just google and pick one that will work for you.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)