SSO setup with Moodle to 3rd party site

SSO setup with Moodle to 3rd party site

by Rishabh Sethi -
Number of replies: 2

I need some help in knowing some plugins basically SSO plugin for moodle and create an instance of Moodle using single sign on with another application or site.

The functionality I want to implement is through Moodle sign in process a user can freely access my app(which i'm currently working on) and vice-versa without having to log in to my app.

I need to Identify all available SSO solutions for moodle (free and commercial).

Please also point me to links if anyone can elaborate the process to install them and implement them as well.

So, basically the outline of process is as follows:- 1. Create some content within Moodle with a link to a resource in my app. 2. Assign it to a student. 3. Log in to Moodle and launch the assignment as a student. 4. Open my created resource and copy it to make a new resource within my app. 6. Submit the new resource to the teacher within Moodle. 7. Log in to moodle as the teacher and view / review the students submitted study aid.

So, while doing this i need to implement SSO functionality.

Please, help me.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rishabh Sethi

Re: SSO setup with Moodle to 3rd party site

by Jamie Tinley -

Hi Rishabh,

I too am looking for a way to implement SSO. So far the best information I found is to make requests go through www.sso.com as outlined in some detail here . Perhaps we can work together to make this possible.  I found a paid company that may be able to help but I am not sure - called MiniOrange here. I prefer a free solution but I am checking all my options.  Thanks.

In reply to Jamie Tinley

Re: SSO setup with Moodle to 3rd party site

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

First 'here' link ...
Single Sign On (SSO) for cross-domain ASP.NET applications

Uhhh, certainly your Moodle is NOT an asp.net application.

The second link leads to:
http://miniorange.com/other_sol_page18

They have a page that list all the apps for which they have
plugins?

In the 'M's ... Moodle is NOT listed, but ... there is a moodlerooms listed!!!
http://miniorange.com/moodlerooms_single_signOn_solution

'spirit of sharing', Ken