NTLM SSO not working in Firefox

NTLM SSO not working in Firefox

by Komal Barde -
Number of replies: 3
Hello all,

I need to use NTLM SSO for LMS authentication . I have a Windows machine with  moodle version '2.8' .
(Using Wamp manager)
When I try to connect via an IE,it asks for username and password and then I see a page which comes after successful login.

When I try to connect via an Firefox ,it asks for username and password and then I see a page saying: Attempting Single Sign On via NTLM... And then: Auto-login failed, try the normal login page...

I then put the following script :

<?php
if (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']) && !empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'])) {
    echo "<p>NTLM authentication seems to be working. User: " . $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] . "</p>";
} else {
    echo '<p>NTLM is not working</p>';
}
?>

To test the $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] existence, and I get the NTLM is not working.  Just to be sure, I made a php to print the content of the $_SERVER variable. But no REMOTE_USER there.
Does anybody can help me getting out from this situation?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.
Komal Brade.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Komal Barde

Re: NTLM SSO not working in Firefox

by Komal Barde -

Hi all,

When I try to connect via an Firefox ,it asks for username and password and then I see a page saying: Attempting Single Sign On via NTLM... And then: Auto-login failed, try the normal login page...  and again when I tries to connect , I can  see a page which comes after successful login.

Regards,

Komal

In reply to Komal Barde

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Komal,
Firefox needs some configuration settings to work with NTLM/SSO; Google will help you e.g.:

BTW, IE must work out-of-the-box if Moodle has been correctly configured: did you follow https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/NTLM_authentication?

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Komal Barde -

Hi Matteo,

Thanks you for your help.

1) network.automatic-ntlm-auth.allow-non-fqdn : true
2) network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris : to url to siete

Now after making above setting in Firefox browser,NTLM is working properly.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Komal.