issues regarding immediate feedback

issues regarding immediate feedback

by moodle learner -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all

i am using moodle 2.7+.

i have created quiz with essay questions , then i selected question behaviour as " immediate feedback". I checked all the review options. I uploaded images for each question in general feedbacks. But that is not working. Only after test submission they are showing the general feedbacks. What i need is after each question submission it must show the feedback of respective question. kindly help me.no check button also.for that please refer the image.

Attachment Screenshot from 2015-09-14 12_39_39.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to moodle learner

Re: issues regarding immediate feedback

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Since essay questions have to be manually marked, they cannot give immediate feedback. Therefore, however other questions in the quiz are set up to behave, essay questions use a special 'manually graded' behaviour.

It might be easier to advise you if we had a real example of the sort of question you want to ask.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by moodle learner -
@Tim : thanks a lot.  So what i got from your reply is "immediate feedback will not work in essay questions. "

So my next query is "if a student submit an answer then he can check the answer immediately without going to next question". Here answers are feedbacks. So currently i can show answers only after quiz submission. 

Please suggest me alternate way to do this please.

In reply to moodle learner

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

A teacher in my school does something like you are suggesting with the 'Description' question type. All questions are on separate pages, shuffle is off, and free navigation is off. The student has to take the quiz one question at a time in a specific sequence.  When thwy get to the essay, they submit their open ended work and click next. When they go to the next page, they see the description block with a PDF resource in it (or you can put the feedback there). I don't know think the student could then go 'back' and rework their essay response, but at least they'd see the feedback right away... Sharing in case this could work in your situation.

In reply to John Provasnik

by Achintya Bakre -

Thanks a lot John for sharing. I am doing similar thing now,where a essay question page is followed by a normal content page which has sample answer. All I wanted is that when he sees sample answer, he should be able to see his own answer for comparison. He will not change the answer though.

Thanks and regards

Achintya

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Achintya Bakre -

Hi Tim,

I am trying to add a 'Essay' type question in Lesson . I am looking for option of giving a sample answer after he/she has answered question.

Basically the course is meant for self learning, where we are showing test/video based pages, then asking a question where the user has to think and note his/her questions. Immediately after submission, he should be able to see his answer viz a viz model answer.

However, the question that trainee has provided should be recorded so that Teacher can give more feedback on thoughts expressed by learner which can be differed in few days.

This is not a graded quiz, but more of thought provoking questions for learners to think.

Is this possible using latest version of moodle?