Show Lesson Menu in the format of Tree

Show Lesson Menu in the format of Tree

by Nishant Pandya -
Number of replies: 9

Hi guys !! I am using moodle 2.9 version. I have create a course of type lesson. When I view that course I have seen a Lesson Menu & I have seen that One by One lesson title is displaying. Now I want to display lesson title in the form of tree. For ex:

+ Chapter 1 : Chapter Title 1

- Inroduction

- About Us

+ Chapter 2 : Chapter Title 2

- Introduction

- About Us

How can I display Lesson Menu in the form of tree. Please help me guys. I need your help.

Thanks,

Nishant Pandya

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nishant Pandya

Re: Show Lesson Menu in the format of Tree

by Nishant Pandya -

Hi guys !! Please help me. I am not getting any solution yet. Please help.

Thanks,

Nishant

by Stephen Bourget -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Nishant,

I'm not sure that you can easily change the structure of lesson menu to be in tree form as there is no way for the lesson to know which pages would be children of the other pages.  That said, you may be able to get the result you want by using the HTML block to construct your own custom lesson menu.  Just add a HTML block to your lesson and configure it to show up on all your lesson pages.  In the HTML block construct the desired tree structure using nested ordered lists and create links to the individual lesson pages.

-Steve
In reply to Stephen Bourget

by Nishant Pandya -

Thanks for reply Stephen Bourget.

Means moodle doesn't provide any functionality while creating lessons content in the form of tree. So I need to add HTML block & then make it tree wise structure ?

Thanks,

Nishant

by Stephen Bourget -

Nishant,

That is correct.  The lesson menu will only list the content pages added to the activity.  It currently does not provide any means of arranging or nesting them.  If you feel that this could be improved, please create an issue in the tracker (http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL) and explain exactly what you would like to see and how it should work and I'll try to see if it is something I can help improve.

In the mean time,  you should be able to create the tree structure by nesting ordered lists and by linking directly to the lesson pages you wish to use.  While this may not give you the collapse / expand tree structure available in other blocks like navigation or administration it can look pretty close.

-Steve

by Nishant Pandya -

Thanks Steve.

I have one more query. Can we create multiple lessons, if we create a course of type Lesson. I have not get any option related multiple lessons.

Thanks,

Nishant

by Stephen Bourget -
Nishant,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Course of type lesson" are you using the single activity course format? (https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Course_formats#Single_activity_format)

If so, then I yes, you are limited to a single lesson per course.  This is true for any activity using that course format.  If you want to use additional lesson activities within the same course then you may need to use a different course format.

-Steve

by Nishant Pandya -

Yes Steve.

I am using single activity format. Oh there is no option to create multiple lesson. If we talk about any Book. Then inside index there multiple lesson & inside multiple lesson there are multiple topics. I just need these functionality. If these functionality not provided by moodle then no worry. But I hope this functionality provided by moodle later.

Thanks,

Nishant

by Paula Clough -

Nishant,

I would suggest that instead of using the single activity course, you select the topics format by selecting that in the edit settings in the course format section.  You can choose to show only as many topics as you want.  If you choose to show only zero topics, only the top topic section of the course will show and look similar to the single activity course if that is really what you want. You can then add as many lesson activities as you want to the course, either in that topic or any number of topic areas that you want to use.  There are also, books, assignments, forums, file links, URL links, and many other activities and resources that you can create for your students. You might want to explore some of the courses in the demo site at http://school.demo.moodle.net/ to see how some of the courses are organized.

Usually activities are organized so that students can just go down the list and complete each in order.  If you need something different, there are some other ways to set up links, etc. that are quite creative.  

I hope that helps.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Nishant Pandya -

Thanks Paula Clough. Thanks for your helpful suggestion. Actually I know that if we use topic wise then we have option to create multiple lessons. But my issue is this I want to show the multiple lessons topics in collapsible form. That my main issue.

I have one more query. Please help me to solve the below query. You help is appreciated.

- After completion of course of type lesson, I need to generate certificate. Inside lesson there are some content pages & there are some question pages. I want to do that if user has score more than 10 than he is able to download the certificate other wise they got a message that your score is not more than 10 then you need to read the lesson again. So my query is that how to link-up the certificate on single activity -> lesson with my course end & configure that he will download only on that condition when there score is more than 10.

Thanks,

Nishant