Articulate Scorm published in Moodle: slides are running automatically

Articulate Scorm published in Moodle: slides are running automatically

by Aurelie Thomas -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,

First time ever I have this problem.
Have created a SCORM from Articulate 2 for Moodle. Standard really. For some reason the slides are changing on their own at the end of the timeline (standard preset of 5s) even if I have deleted all timeline related triggers (the only remaining triggers to change slides are click on the next button).

I could of course make the time line much much longer, but would like to understand the root of the problem.

This Articulate course is made from an imported PWP (which I usually don't do), but the original PWP slides do not have any timeline/transition options set up.

The problem (slides moving along on their own) is here when I preview the articulate course (on Articulate) and is still here after publication on my LMS (Moodle).
All publication settings are as usual, and so are all my Moodle settings.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Aurelie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aurelie Thomas

Re: Articulate Scorm published in Moodle: slides are running automatically

by Sam Stevens -

Will probably be an articulate issue so you might have more luck posting over on their forums instead/as well.

I can't think of any reason why moodle would advance the play head at all. 

From a general point of view I would always avoid importing from something else in my experience you can get some odd problems.

Don't use articulate myself but if I want to take something from pwp into captivate I actually copy and paste the content onto slides to avoid problems such as this. I'd suggest trying this for a couple of slides and seeing what happens.

In reply to Sam Stevens

Re: Articulate Scorm published in Moodle: slides are running automatically

by Aurelie Thomas -

Hi Stevens,

and indeed I have an update: it is an articulate issue.

When one import slides from powerpoint the slides are by defaut set to advance automatically (at the end of the timeline). This can be sorted by changing the slides properties in story view.

Thanks anyway for coming back to me, this topic could be closed!
Aurelie