Reading Comprehension 2.8.5 Moodle

Reading Comprehension 2.8.5 Moodle

by piyush seth -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am very new to moodle. I have learned how to make a quiz/adaptive quiz, import using various techniques.

I want to make a quiz having normal multiple choice questions and reading comprehension multiple choice questions in single quiz.

Guidance would be much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to piyush seth

Re: Reading Comprehension 2.8.5 Moodle

by Russell Thomson -

Hi, I'm using Moodle 2.6 and what I do is use formulas; you can create a few questions types with the formulas.

Select Quiz and then Embedded answers. (Below is an example of a question to help you)

The Arctic Fox is a small fox found commonly in the arctic regions of the world. Measuring a little less than three feet in length, this fox is mottled brown in the summer and pure white in the winter. Adult foxes weigh between six and twenty pounds, though most are closer to six. Its thick fur coat helps insulate it from the freezing temperatures and windswept snow.

The Arctic Fox is the ultimate survivor. It will east just about anything including insects, small mammals, birds, ducks, geese, eggs, and even an occasional Snowy Owl. Lemmings, small mouse-like mammals are its most common prey. In fact, when populations of Lemmings crash every three or four years, so do populations of foxes. Arctic Foxes will eat berries and seaweed as well. When food is scarce, Arctic Foxes become scavengers. The Arctic Fox is sometimes preyed upon by Polar Bears.

THIS QUESTION HAS 4 RADIO BUTTONS ARRANGED VERTICALLY

Which is NOT true about the size of an Arctic Fox? {1:MCV:=Most are close to 20 pounds.~Some can reach 20 pounds.~Most are near six pounds.~They can grow to three feet in length.}

THIS QUESTION HAS A DROP-DOWN MENU

What is the main prey of the Arctic Fox? {1:MULTICHOICE:eggs~=lemmings~birds~insects}

You insert the = next to the correct answer.

Good luck

Average of ratings: Useful (1)