IPA filter issue

IPA filter issue

by Andy Chaplin -
Number of replies: 7

Hi all

I'm using 2.9

I just got a notification that an update is available for the IPA filter.  I tried to do the automatic update, but it cycles through without appearing to do anything.  I click on "Install this update twice, but on the second page it springs immediately back to the Notification page (apparently not downloading the update,)

I tried downloading the zip file and uploading that, but the verification fails because the folder already exists.

Any ideas?

Andy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Chaplin

Re: IPA filter issue

by Kevin Wiliarty -

Hi Andy,

I'm the maintainer of the IPA filter, and I'll be happy to try to help. I did just release an update to the filter, so that's why you got the notice. I may have done something incorrectly, but for my own information, have you been able to upgrade other plugins this way (as an indication that it's a problem only with mine)?

Kevin

In reply to Kevin Wiliarty

by Andy Chaplin -

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I normally use this process, and haven't had any problems for a while.

I can't say anything scientifically, but my impression is that the process jumps from the install phase to the completed phase without attempting to download the package - it is very quick!

If you need more information, tell me what to do an I'll try to help.

All the best

Andy

In reply to Andy Chaplin

by Kevin Wiliarty -

Our messages crossed. The upgrade could indeed be very fast. This is a small plugin. Are you seeing a message that the upgrade failed or a persistent message that you still need to apply an upgrade? Any error messages or screenshots that you can offer to clarify what the failure looks like would be helpful. But check first in your plugins overview. If you are at v1.1.1 then you succeeded.

by Andy Chaplin -

When I click on "Install the upgrade" it jumps back to the notifications page immediately.  I don't get the usual page where I need to click on update the Moodle database.

Also, when I refresh the notifications page, I still get the message that the update is available, so it doesn't seem to have processed.

by Andy Chaplin -

Hi Kevin

I found out what the problem was - I had disabled the filter on the site where it was trying to update - duh!!!

Sorry for being such an idiot!

Andy

In reply to Andy Chaplin

by Kevin Wiliarty -

Not a problem. I've been there, and that's better news for me than a problem with the plugin smile

by Kevin Wiliarty -

In a test of my own the upgrade worked correctly. If you can't install the plugin with a zip file then it is probably the same permissions problem preventing the automatic upgrade.