Creating Multiple Lesson

Re: Creating Multiple Lesson

by Nishant Pandya -
Number of replies: 1

Please help me guys. My requirement is course in the format of videos. So my client provide me DVD for videos. So I want to implement DVD videos on my moodle site. 

Thanks,

Nishant Pandya

In reply to Nishant Pandya

Re: Creating Multiple Lesson

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi,

Been down that path with a client myself.   Because I am old school, I will suggest two choices.

First, remember that a lesson is about students making choices and the lesson directs a student to another page based upon their choice.  The teacher in edit mode will see it as a straight line, but the student will have a different experience.

How to do it? Set up 4 content pages.  The first is the table of contents of sections (the buttons are the table), the rest are the start page of each section.  Each starting page of a section might have 2 buttons, one to return to the table of contents, the other to go to the next page.  I suggest adding a page at the end of every section with buttons to link back to the start of the section, go back to the table of contents or end the lesson.  Now you have the outline of the entire lesson mapped out.  Next insert your content or question pages where you want within each section. 

You want sub sections in each section you have created?  Follow the same process.  I like to make sure my page titles tell me (and the student) where in the process the page should be.  I definately want the starting page of every section and chapter to be clear to me in edit mode.  For example "2.0 Links in a Lesson" and "2.2  Multiple Choice links". 

Second option: I talked my customer into creating separate lessons.  We put them in different course sections.  We used the indent feature on the course home page for each lesson/quiz title, so we could give the appearance of an outline such as you presented.  We also linked the lessons and quizzes so students had to take them in order, but could return to review the lessons once they completed them.  I liked this because smaller lessons were easier to build and edit (a 200 page lesson with images can take a while in expanded edit mode). 

Hope this gives you some ideas.