Custom activity display problem

Custom activity display problem

by Jeff PONSNESS -
Number of replies: 6

I have created a custom activity that works fine is a web browser.  However, when I try to access the course containing this custom activity from the mobile app, it can not be accessed: "Whoops! This activity or resource is not yet viewable in the app, click the button below to access it from the site." 

What do I need to do to this custom activity for it to be displayed in the Moodle Mobile 2.0 app?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff PONSNESS

Re: Custom activity display problem

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Jeff,

the only way to make custom activities work in the app is by developing a Mobile addon yourself to support them, we cannot support all existing custom activities. Right now the only way to do that is fork the project and create a custom version of the app including that addon.

Regards,

Dani

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dani Palou

by Jeff PONSNESS -

Thanks, Dan.  Looks like forking is in my future.

In reply to Jeff PONSNESS

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

we are working in a feature to allow Moodle plugins to be supported in the Mobile app via "Remote plugins), you can follow this tracker issue https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-49279

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Sanjay P. K. -

Any progress on this ? I am seeing the same error message while trying to see Attendance in Moodle Mobile. 

In reply to Sanjay P. K.

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Unfortunately for 3.0 we won't be able to solve this, it will have to wait to 3.1

Regards, Juan